There are so many styles of kitchen cabinetry to choose from, let’s look at a few categories to see were you fall into. Some of the styles that are currently trending are Transitional, European, and Contemporary. Some bring a nostalgic feel to your home, while other styles are all about luxury and opulence. Look at the options below. There’s something for everyone and a style that will not only fit but enhance every home.
- A wonderful blending of block color and natural wood. A kitchen design is meant to maximize storage while maintaining the flow of the room.
- If you’re style is more of a natural look, a European kitchen design may be the right fit for you. Like most European designs, the look is minimal with clean lines. It works well for an open-concept kitchen while incorporating functional appliances.
- Minimalism in a kitchen should not be underestimated. Allowing the smart design solutions to be at the forefront.
- Pocket doors, are a way to conceal and add an element of flexibility into the kitchen design.
- Thin countertops add a feeling of lightness and openness.
- End solutions with open shelving allows you to display personal items unique to your family or even every day items that allows for ease of access.
- Contemporary kitchens don’t have a particular style but are often considered modern or futuristic. These designs have several features in common.
- Sleek with color: Contemporary kitchens are bright and open. Most have center islands with wonderful overhead fixtures that pull you line of sight to the center of the room.
- A contemporary kitchen is one of the few styles that you can incorporate different materials that include touches of rustic-ness such as a brick backsplash or a metal inlay.
- Brightness and light are what matters with a modern kitchen. Natural lighting is best.
- Crisp lines allow the natural elements from the outside to come in by creating an open concept that optimizes your windows and lends your eye to the space outside, giving the feeling of a very organic space.
- Modern kitchens don’t have to feel cold. With the right balance of materials and finishes you can create a luxurious space that feels warm. Adding personal accents of color will allow the space to feel comfortable and uniquely yours.
You can never go wrong with traditional style kitchens. While they might not be hip and sleek, there is a familiar warmth to be found with this style.
- Coffered ceilings are in and they are glorious. Not only do they add a touch of whimsy, but this type of ceiling can open a small space.
- Think country when you think of traditional kitchen style colors. Sage greens and slate blues can offset a white center island.
- Traditional kitchens boast lovely glass front cabinetry that speak of a long-ago style that many farmhouses had.
While these styles are vastly different, you can mix and match them to create a style that is unique to you. To decide what kind of kitchen will work best with your home, and the space you have, your best option is to sit down with someone who designs kitchens and cabinetry.